Rohtang Pass Himachal Pradesh is the common way to explore India’s most dangerous and adventures trip which is Leh – Ladhak and Spiti Valley. In the blog, we will discuss traveling guide and full information about all the necessary things to do when you are planning a trip. In the Himalayas, it is situated at a 3978 m from sea level and one of the highest mountains in India.
In India, a trip to Manali – Rohtang Pass is the most favorable and popular destination by the traveler to go and to explore. Everyone has a dream that once they will complete the Leh-Ladhak trip. On the way to this trip, a beautiful pass which is Rohtang pass which is 51 Km from Manali is the most popular pass of India.
Weather in Rohtang Pass
This Place is always the coldest place in every month of the year. The temperature in Rohtang pass is in minus in winters and heavy snowfall that can close the road. In summer you can enjoy but in winter it is quite difficult to visit due to snowfall.
Best Time to visit
It is the way to Leh Ladhak and in the month from April to August many riders visit via Rohtang pass. It is also due to roads which are in good condition in these months. If you are visiting only for tourist purpose then it is better to visit from April to August. Avoid in the rainy season and in winters, you will regret to come in winters and rainy season. In the rainy season sometimes road gets closed for 2-3 days due to landslides and you can stick badly the same in winters due to heavy snowfall.
How to Reach Rohtang Pass
To reach Rohtang you have to take permits that you can take from Manali or can take online. You have to reach Manali first for moving toward Rohtang Pass.
By bus – Take bus from Kashmere gate Delhi to Manali direct and then Manali to Rohtang you can use a taxi service.
If you are not comfortable for a long journey in one day then you can go to Shimla on the first day and then Manali from Shimla via bus on the second day.
By train – The nearest railways station is Joginder Nagar railway station, which is about 150 km from Manali. I don’t prefer this method as it will take more time to reach. The best option is if you are from another state and coming from very far then the Chandigarh railway station is a good option for people coming from different places. Then from Chandigarh to Manali by bus.
By Flight – you can also reach Manali by flight to Kullu – Manali airport which is 50 km from Manali. You can reach by bus or taxi from Kullu.
Rohtang Pass Permit
To visit Rohtang pass and to cross it you have to take permits online. Permit to visit is compulsory because of the pollution issue. Only 1200 vehicle is allowed which can take permit in one day. In which 800 petrol and 400 diesel vehicle are allowed in a single day. All these permits are only to control pollution in the valley, permit for wheeler is also compulsory. Carry all the documents with you and the permit to cross the Pass. These are the basic and important things to enter in the Valley.
Delhi to Rohtang Pass road trip
A road trip with friends is always the happiest and adventures moment. If you are planning a trip to Manali – Rohtang Pass then these are the things you should keep in your mind.
- Permit – Always keep in mind that without a permit you can’t enter Rohtang Pass. Always check the availability of Permit in advance and book before you leave.
- Hotels – It’s better to book your hotel in advance in Manali or near Rohtang because of overcrowding in season.
- Weather – Always check in advance the weather condition before leaving that can help you in advance.
Route from Delhi to Rohtang Pass
The distance between Delhi to Rohtang Pass is 600 km. A trip to Rohtang will follow this route which is choosing mostly all travelers.
Route 1 – Delhi – Ambala – Rupnagar –
Mandi – Kullu – Manali – Rohtang Pass (595 km)
Route 2 – Delhi – Chandigarh – Shimla –
Mandi – Kullu – Manali – Rohtang Pass (638 km)
Route 3 – Delhi – Shimla- Narkanda –
Kullu – Manali – Rohtang Pass (653 km)
Always preferred the best route according to your comfort and time.
Rohtang Pass on Bike
If you are a biker, then you have also a dream to ride a bike in mountains and especially many have dreamed of Leh Ladhak trip on the bike. In this, we will discuss that how can you reach here by the bike and which precaution you should take.
- Avoid solo traveling – If you want to explore with the bike then always remember to avoid solo traveling. Many conditions happens in between where you can’t do alone you need a partner so always travel in a group at least 2 people.
- High cc Engine bikes – If you want a moto traveling then take the bike with at least 200 cc engine. The power which is a need in mountains like Manali and Rohtang Pass is high so keep at least 200 cc bike with you. You can also take less than 200 cc bike but it can be risky.
- Extra jerry can – Always use an extra jerry can with you for petrol and fill it wherever you find a petrol pump. In the mountains it is not necessary that you will found a petrol pump everywhere so keep extra petrol with you.
- Proper Riding Jacket and Helmet – Always use a proper riding jacket, shoes, and Helmet that can protect you from any mishappening.
- Basic Things – Always carry a puncher kit, first aid and some basic medicine with you.
- Always does service of your bike 3-4 days before leaving for Rohtang pass or any trip you are going to.
- Check weather details in advance and all status before leaving for a trip on the bikcross